SkySwitch Enhances Hosted PBX with Hospitality and Hotel Solution
We are happy to announce the first major system enhancement for 2015 – an integration package that will allow Resellers to sell hosted PBX service to hotels and other hospitality operators.
Despite to trend for hotel guests to rely on personal mobile devices, telephone systems remain a major expense category for hotel and hospitality operators. And, whereas cloud technology has made significant progress in transforming the business enterprise environment by replacing high-cost on-premise PBX deployments, the communications environment in the hospitality industry has lagged significantly.
The reason for delayed adoption is largely due to the unique requirements of property operators, who rely on specialized property management systems (PMS) to keep track of guests and assets. These systems allow the hotel or resort staff to maximize room utilization by synchronizing many of the activities related to check-in an check-out with the PBX. Until now, only on-premise PBX systems have supported the proprietary communications protocol that is used by the PBX and the PMS to exchange information.
The SkySwitch hospitality suite addresses these challenges by providing Resellers of its WebCentrex managed PBX platform with a solution that leverages all of the economic benefits of the cloud, but is still easily integrated with the property’s existing PMS.
We are currently able to support over 30 different PMS vendors with features that have been developed especially for hotel and resort operators. These include:
• Custom PBX services based on guest arrival, departure and payment method
• Housekeeping room status can be set from any phone
• Room message light, wakeup calls and guest voicemail controlled by front-desk
• Private telephone numbers with direct inward dialing for specific guests
• “Do not disturb” on guest room extensions can be controlled from the phone or the front desk
• Guests name is displayed when making calls to other extensions within the property
• Phone charges posted to guest folio
Our new solution will allow hospitality VARs and integrators to go to market with a hosted VoIP solution as a SkySwitch reseller.
If you are a VAR or integrator that works with hotels or resorts, talk to us about the benefits that we can bring to your hospitality operators together.